Image

QUICK CONTACT

Your Name

Your Email

Your Message

Making Your Content More Accessible

Image

Making Your Content More Accessible

January 9, 2019

Amongst the many pitfalls that exist being in a band/being an artist, there is one common issue when it comes to online presence.

We’re talking here about CONTENT ENGAGEMENT. Today, we’ll briefly discuss organic/unpaid content engagement and the best methods you can use to try and pick yours up. Of course, as with anything, there are companies that will make every promise under the sun in exchange for a fee, who will guarantee you content engagement and increase of your online presence. However, not every band/artist has or wants to spend lots of their hard earned money on these type of paid campaigns, so here are a few things you can do that don’t cost any money, but that will help in the long run!

Make life easy for your fans/followers! 

It might sound like a really obvious point, but you’d be surprised how many bands/acts inadvertently send their fans on a wild goose chase to find their new content and releases. It might sound like a really cool idea to you to set up a long treasure hunt type exercise, at the end of which your fans are rewarded with access to your new content – unfortunately, the reality is that the harder they have to work to find your music, the less likely they’re going to consume it – you may even actually put them off supporting you. For example, things like putting a post on your Insta/FB story saying ‘check out our new post’ are counterproductive and should be avoided, as they result in your fans having to put in more work to then go to another post, when you could have just featured the new content/music in your story in the first place, so the bottom line is, make their lives easy.

Keep everything linked together! 

Again, it might sound simple, but time and time again bands forget to keep all of their social media accounts linked and fluid. For example, if you all have individual/personal twitter accounts, make sure they all link to your band twitter, same with Instagram and anything else, and make sure that all of the links given on your various platforms are all current and all work properly – you would be astounded how many people do not check this or keep it up to date. If you suddenly get a new superfan crop up on YouTube, but you’ve got no links to your Instagram, Twitter and other areas there, then you’ve potentially missed out on them following you on a variety of platforms and engaging with your content twice as much, if not more.

Avoid shortcuts! Hard work is key!

On your journeys to increase your social media presence, you’ll be greeted with a wide range of fantastic sounding deals that will promise overnight followers by the hundreds and thousands, but as we’ve stated before, you should AVOID this kind of thing like the plague. Apart from being untrue in 90% of cases, the remaining 10% left that can deliver, will use every method possible just to put your numbers up, regardless whether it will end up having a negative effect on you – which it will. Nearly all of these platforms now employ advanced algorithms created specifically to root out and delete this kind of method, promoters/venues are turned off majorly by them and people generally think less of you if they think your presence is fake, so there are no winners in this story – your best bet is putting in weeks, months and years of hard graft, working on real engagement with your fans and spending lots of time building their loyalty and support – it will all pay off in the end.

As well as the above, we’ve linked a 13 point strategy to marketing your band, courtesy of BandZoogle – it’s well worth a read!

https://bandzoogle.com/blog/marketing-your-band-13-essential-strategies

Subscribe to our blog for weekly tips and tricks!

Quite Great Music PR Logo